We found this yummy cookie in a Family Circle Magazine a few years ago.
MAKES: 6 1/2 dozen cookies. PREP: 10 minutes REFRIGERATE: overnight. BAKE: at 350 for 10 min.
4 c all-purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1t baking soda
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta
2 c confectioners sugar sifted
3T orange juice
Colored sprinkles (optional)
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar on medium spped in a large bowl until fluffy, 3 minutes; beat in eggs, vanilla and ricotta.
3.Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
5. Shape level tablespoons of the dough into balls. Place at least 1" apart on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool.
7. GLAZE: Meanwhile, <-- LOL when you are rotating trays in oven with your 3 hands,,, the recipe really says "meanwhile... Just make the glaze when you REALLY do have a meanwhile... enjoy making your cookies, they will not leave you b/c they are not glazed, lolz. Stir sugar and juice in small bowl until smooth and good glazing consistency. If too thick, add a lil juice to thin. Spoon glaze over each cookie. Garnish with sprinkles if desired. Let stand until hardened.