- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese (Part Skim)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1 In a small bowl mash Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Pepper, Oregano& Parsley together until well blended.
2 Toss the chicken with the garlic powder and brown in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes per side.
3 When done remove to a shallow casserole dish to cool slightly.
4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5 Spoon 1 Heaping serving spoon of Ricotta mixture onto each chicken breast and top with 1 tablespoons of Crushed Tomatoes.
6 Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each one and place in the top rack of the oven.
7 Bake for 20 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 170 deg. farenheit