13 March 2011

Homemade Salad Dressing

I started making everything in our house onion free. We had to do this after realizing my husband's sensitivity to onions. Salad dressing is easier to make than I thought. I guess I came from the generation that that everything came out of a package or box. I'm glad I'm not passing that down to my girls. :)

If you check out All Recipes you will see there are plenty of things you can add to an Italian Dressing. The basics are this:
3parts oil to 1 part vinegar, a little less water than vinegar and spices.
For ours we use apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and the spices you can see above with a little crushed red pepper that isn't labeled.
Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I used to make my own and then got lazy but now that we are back in a house again I am looking forward to adding all these wonderful recipe's back into our life. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From scratch is always best! Dogs are never to have onions...apparently whatever it is that bothers them builds up in their system and becomes very toxic, so I suppose a person becoming sensitive would need to take it very seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...