06 November 2008

Cast Iron Delight

I have exciting news! I won a cast iron skillet from Black Iron Dude. I am so excited. I found his website because I have 3 cast iron skillets that I would love to use regularly. I've had them for maybe 5 years and have used them maybe 3 times a year because I have never learned how to care for them properly.
After reading his blog and taking notes I seasoned my skillets again and started using them a lot. As you can see, I can finally make eggs in my medium sized pan and the pan is finally totally black! Check out those eggs and that black pan! Yay!!
You can see where I won the skillet here. If you have a cast iron skillet and don't use it, I hope you are inspired to take it out and start using it. Here is a delicious recipe for Apple Pancake. Do not make it in anything except cast iron or you may regret it :)
10" cast iron skillet
4 T Butter
1/4 c Brown Sugar
1 large Apple, cored & sliced 1/8"
5 large Eggs
1 c Flour
1 c Milk
1/2 t ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
Confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 400. In a 10" skillet, melt butter & 3 T brown sugar. Add apples, and cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally.

In med bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, cinnamon, salt, & remaining sugar. Pour batter slowly over cooked apple mixture. Transfer to oven til golden brown, set in center, and puffed around edges, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. When frying or sauteeing, I only use one of my two cast iron skillets. I have one small and one large one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...