25 November 2008

How far back can you remember?

This was taken around the year 1970. I remember the doll house and sink, but not the other toys.
My youngest who is now 7 spends time playing like this; having a few things around the floor going from one thought to another playing for hours. There are days now that I spend time to play with or talk to both girls. That is something I am happy I am doing now. I love not working even though it is alot of work.
Much of my days are filled with teaching my youngest. I spend time with my oldest every afternoon while making lunch & dinner and sometimes after the youngest is in bed. This time with my girls is invaluable! I am grateful for the opportunity to be home. It's a small luxury few mothers get to enjoy, especially in today's economy.
In two more days we will celebrate Thanksgiving and here I wanted to give thanks to God for saving such a wretch.
I wanted to share a gorgeous prayer, puritin prayer.

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY,
Thy understanding is unsearchable and infinite,
Thy arm cannot be stayed,
Thy agency extends through limitless space,
All works hang on thy care,
With thee time is a present now.

Holy is thy wisdom, power, mercy, ways, works.
How can I stand before thee
with my numberless and aggravated offences?
I have often loved darkness,
observed lying vanities,
forsaken thy given mercies,
trampled underfoot thy beloved Son,
mocked thy providences,
flattered thee with my lips,
broken thy covenant.
It is of thy compassion that I am not consumed.

Lead me to repentance, and save me from despair;
Let me come to thee renouncing, condemning, loathing myself,
but hoping in the grace that flows even to the chief of sinners.
At the cross may I contemplate the evil of sin, and abhor it,
look on him whom I pierced,
as one slain for me, and by me.
May I never despise his death by fearing it's efficacy for my salvation.
And whatever cross I am required to bear,
let me see him carrying a heavier.
Teach me in health to think of sickness,
in the brightest hours to be ready for darkness;
in life prepare me for death.
Thus may my soul rest in thee, O immortal and transcendent one,
revealed as though art in the Person and work of thy Son,
the friend of sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...