31 March 2009

South Peachy Beach Weekly (More or Less) Update

Four years ago I successfully lost 40 lbs on the South Beach Diet. That was 4 years ago and unfortunately I did not stay on a plan to keep the weight off. I've "successfully" gained back 10 pounds a year.


Diets work when you stick to them...

So...


The good news is that I began the South Beach diet once again. The first 2 weeks (Phase 1) is the hardest and tomorrow I can begin Phase 2. Phase 3 (Maintenance) will begin when I reach my goal weight.


I wasn't sure I'd get through the first week. Day 3 I was still really craving carbohydrates. But from day 4 on it got easier. I reread the book (blue), which I think is key to being successful. I relearned that:

You'll eat 3 well balanced meals a day.

You'll eat lots of vegetables (& salads).

You'll eat normal-sized helpings of meat, chicken, and fish.

The restrictions are bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, and baked goods.

As a result you'll lose between 8 and 13 pounds the first 2 weeks.


I get alot of support from people at LowCarber. Here is the South Beach break down if you are interesed. :)




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it's going well.Keep us posted.There are so many out there trying to reach the same goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...